|YaK:: WebLog #535 Topic : 2005-12-21 18.58.22 matt : HttpUnit issues with OpenRico||[Changes] [Calendar] [Search] [Index] [PhotoTags]|
|[Back to weblog: pretention]|
OpenRico (http://www.openrico.org/) is a Java library that allegedly makes Ajax transactions in Java web apps easier. HttpUnit (http://httpunit.sourceforge.net/) (and it's cousin, JWebUnit (http://jwebunit.sourceforge.net/)) allow programmers to write unit test-style tests for their web pages: programmatically loading a page, interacting with controls, and asserting the presence or absence of data in certain fields or table cels. JWebUnit actually uses HttpUnit underneath, along with all of HttpUnit's underlying components.
Looking through HttpUnit's CVS was when I noticed js.jar -- a binary component. I mentioned this to my partner and we started web searching to find out where it came from. My thinking was that if the js.jar library's interfaces hadn't changed in a newer version, the bug may have been fixed. We found a link to the js.jar page in the JWebUnit pages (http://jwebunit.sourceforge.net/dependencies.html).
js.jar is a component maintained by the Mozilla Foundation called "Rhino", the latest release of which is 1.6R2 which came out in 9/2005. The version HttpUnit was using was 1.5R4.1 which came out in 4/2003. That's over 2 years old! We downloaded 1.6R2 andd dropped it in place and it just worked!
I don't usually write about things like this, but I figured that if anyone had the same problem and did a web search that this page might be helpful. HttpUnit seems pretty cool, like NUnitAsp. It just seems like it needs to be more actively maintained by someone, somewhere.
Discussion:showing all 0 messages
|(last modified 2005-12-21) [Login]|