(Hakim Bey discusses the TAZ at Kommotion in San Francisco )
(encrypted for your enjoyment)
- TAZ is Ontological Anarchy -- something you do
in the Here and Now, not a lofty philosophy or far-away goal
( despite Bey's philisopophical rantings )
- TAZ is a reaction to the banality of our society and its boringness
- a TAZ is secret & closed & intensely pleasurable for its members
- but at the same time, it wants to expand & multiply until it infects [the universe]
- illegality means more than mere law-breaking...
The criminal's tragedy, however, lies in being nearly [meerly?] the opposite of the cop
- It's about the Organic Turnips
- When the rest of society figures out what you're getting away with,
by the time the authorities come to stamp it out,
you've already scattered and joined another
- ... the Strange Attractor around which
memes accrue, chaotically forming new and spontaneous
orders. Here we have an aesthetics of the borderland between
chaos and order, the margin, the area of "catastrophe" where
the breakdown of the system can equal enlightenment.
[ Sorry, all guestbooks disabled temporarily due to rampant spam :( ]
(unless otherwise marked) Copyright 2002-2014 YakPeople. All rights reserved.