Some small things I would like to fund, if anyone is interested. It only counts if it is approved by a source/package maintainer and/or included in Ubuntu's repository. Inclusion in the upstream repository would also be nice. Note the dependencies between some of these.
The units here are in EUR, by the way. Please contact me via email at matt<>use!net if you are interested.
- $100 - update the eclipse and eclipse-cdt packages to the latest versions (3.3.2 and 4.0.3, respectively). We use these at work as our primary C/C++ dev environments, but have to roll our own packages.
- $250 - use gcc's profile-guided optimizations (-fprofile-generate and -fprofile-use) to generate a profile on libjpeg, libpng, libxt, qt3, libxml2, xft, libX11, libXext, and zlib during boot in gnome and kde. during each boot, open firefox and konqueror, then visit amazon and youtube, open a pdf, and then update packages using synaptic and then adept. build an ubuntu hardy package that is optimized using that profile.
- $100 - use gcc's profile-guided optimizations (-fprofile-generate and -fprofile-use) to generate a profile on kdelibs and kdebase during boot, login, and loading of konqueror (and logging into slashdot.org, gmail, and amazon.com), open a pdf in kpdf, then do an update in adept. build an ubuntu hardy package with that profile.
- $25 - compile KUbuntu's kdegames, kdeedu, kdepasswd, and kdebluetooth packages with -Os to save space and download times
- $250 - extend -Warray-bounds to
warn on OOB in dynamically sized stack arrays
- $50 - fix the core dump in gcc/g++ that occurs when trying to build kdelibs-3.5 with CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS set to -fprofile-generate
- $100 - fix 3 P2 bugs in GCC 4.3 that are either platform-agnostic, or x86/amd64 specific
- KDE4 (add an additional $50 if an automated test is added to prevent regression)
- $175 - make the onhover movie summary bubbles in netflix work, must valgrind cleanly (+50 for KDE3.5 backport)
- $150 - make gmail's chat work, must valgrind cleanly (+50 for KDE3.5 backport)
- $100 - improve acid3 test results by 3 points, must valgrind cleanly *DONE*
- $125 - improve acid3 test results by an additional 3 points (total of 6), must valgrind cleanly *DONE*
- $150 - improve acid3 test results by an additional 3 points (total of 9), must valgrind cleanly *DONE*
- $150 - improve acid3 test results by an additional 4 points, must valgrind cleanly
- $25 - port the guidance-power-manager to kde4
- $50 - make scummvm and freesci use the same bpp formats in their gfx backends
- $50 - make the freesci engine for scummvm use scummvm's gfx backends
- $100 - make the freesci engine for scummvm use scummvm's MIDI, FM, and PCM backends
- $50 - allow for per-resource palette configuration in ScummVM's AGI implementation similar to FreeSCI's, must valgrind cleanly
- $50 - add ability to freesci that allows for changing the color of the "pen" at specific steps of rendering a specific pic, must valgrind cleanly
- $50 - add hercules font support to scummvm's AGI, must valgrind cleanly
- $25 - make apple ][gs samples in scummvm's AGI work, must valgrind cleanly
- $50 - enhance freesci's per-resource palette customization to allow for remapping specific colors in the 16-color palette to 16bpp colors (#FF22CC)
- $25 - make the XBMC youtube2a plugin use the newer hi-res videos
- $50 - port a nintendo DS emulator to the XBox with VS.NET 2003 and XDK 5933
- $150 - add hq3x/720p support to all the xport emulators
- $150 - add hq3x/720p support to mameox (or whatever Xbox port of MAME you prefer), update source package
- $250 - create a pandora plugin for XBMC that will play the songs from a given station
- $150 - give the new pandora plugin the ability to login, thumbs up/down a song on a station, and skip
- $100 - give the new pandora plugin the ability to play a local, higher-quality version of a song in the library instead of pandora's streaming, lower-quality version
showing all 0 messages
(unless otherwise marked) Copyright 2002-2014 YakPeople. All rights reserved.